Board of Commissioners
- Meetings are held every 1st Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. at the Portland Housing Authority, 14 Baxter Boulevard, Portland, ME 04101.
- The date and location of the regular meeting is subject to change, but shall be designate at a prior meeting of the Board.
- Next scheduled meeting for Thursday, August 3, 2017. Meeting will be preceded by presentation of Scholarship Awards Certificates.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Portland Housing Authority Agenda
- Roll Call
- Declaration of a Quorum
- Public Comment
- Resolution: Approval of Minutes of the annual meeting of July 6, 2017
- Executive Director's Report
- Needs Assessment Survey Interim Findings: East Bayside and Sagamore VIllage
- Programs Operations Reports
- Human Resources Committee Report: Minutes of July 24, 2017 meeting
- Resolution: Approval to enter Executive Session under Title 1 MRS Section 405 (6)(D) to discuss personnel matters
1. Resolution: Approval of Minutes of annual meeting minutes of July 6, 2017
2. Resolution: Approval to submit applications for funding for the 58 Boyd Street affordable housing project, including; Low Income Housing Tax Credits, City of Portland HOME Funds, City of Portland Tax Increment Financing, Federal Home Loan Bank Affordable Housing Program
3. Resolution: Approval to submit applications for funding for the Front Street redevelopment project, including; Low Income Housing Tax Credits, City of Portland HOME Funds, City of Portland Tax Increment Financing, Federal Home Loan Bank Affordable Housing Program
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Shirley Peterson, Chairperson
- Evan Carroll, Vice Chairperson
- Siyad Ahmed, Commissioner
- Mariar Balow, Commissioner
- Faith McLean, Commissioner
- Christian MilNeil, Commissioner
- Thomas Valleau, Commissioner
The Commissioners serve five-year terms (unless appointed to fill an unexpired term of a previous member) and they are appointed by the Portland City Council. They meet once a month and vote on various items such as policies, budget approvals, etc.
Portland Housing Authority By-Laws Excerpt
The By-Laws state: "the Commissioners of the Authority shall perform such duties as are incumbent upon them by reason of their appointment to any office and by law, and shall perform such other duties and functions as may from time to time be required by the Authority or its By-Laws, or which may arise by reason of their appointment to serve on committees functioning within the Authority or in cooperation with other persons or groups."