Board of Commissioners
- Meetings are held every 1st Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. at the main office of the Portland Housing Authority, 14 Baxter Boulevard, Portland, ME 04101.
- The date and location of the regular meeting is subject to change, but shall be designate at a prior meeting of the Board.
- The annual meeting was held on Thursday, July 11, 2019 where the election of officer and committee appointments for the Fiscal Year ending on June 30, 2020 took place.
- Next scheduled meeting - Thursday, August 1, 2019.
Agendas and Minutes
- Meeting agenda is available prior to meeting and shown below.
- Minutes are posted following Board approval
Portland Housing Authority Tentative Agenda
- Roll Call
- Declaration of a Quorum
- Public Comment
- Resolution: Approval of Minutes of June 6, 2019
- Executive Director's Report
- Finance Committee Report
- Search Committee Update
- Development/RAD Update
- Resolutions concerning items related to the Front Street Redevelopment Project
- Resolutions concerning items related to the Washington Gardens RAD Project
- Resolution amending the approval of the Project Based Vouchers RFP
- Executive Session to discuss personnel matters concerning the Executive Director position
View Most Recent Meeting Minutes
- Mariar Balow, Chair
- Robyn Tucker, Vice Chair
- Kristin Blum, Commissioner
- Christian MilNeil, Commissioner
- Monique Mutumwinka, Commissioner
- Shirley Peterson, Commissioner
- Thomas Valleau, Commissioner
The Commissioners serve five-year terms (unless appointed to fill an unexpired term of a previous member) and they are appointed by the Portland City Council. They meet once a month and vote on various items such as policies, budget approvals, etc.
Portland Housing Authority By-Laws Excerpt
The By-Laws state: "the Commissioners of the Authority shall perform such duties as are incumbent upon them by reason of their appointment to any office and by law, and shall perform such other duties and functions as may from time to time be required by the Authority or its By-Laws, or which may arise by reason of their appointment to serve on committees functioning within the Authority or in cooperation with other persons or groups."