Mixed Income Communities
Click through the titles to the left to learn more about our mixed income housing.
- Photos (if available)
- Brief description of the property
- Project housing preferences if applicable (i.e. elderly, disabled, families, homeless, etc.)
- Amenities (i.e. laundry, elevator, parking, etc.)
- Link to apply
For additional information or to apply for a unit, please click the "Apply" button or contact the listed management company.
Efficiency, one, and two-bedroom apartments
Bayside Anchor Apartments is a mixed-income property located in Portland's East Bayside Neighborhood. The building has bicycle storage, elevators, laundry facilities, a spacious lobby, and a courtyard. Heat, electricity, water, sewer, and trash pickup are included with rent.
These rentals consist of 36 income-based units and 9 market rate units. The income-based unit eligibility guidelines are set by HUD. There is a waiting list for these rentals.
There is a preference for homeless individuals.
- Education Center
- Head Start Pre-K
- Community Gardens
- Community Policing Center
- Playgrounds, soccer field, basketball courts
- Weekly Bookmobile stop
- Mobile Dental Clinic
- Monthly Food Pantry
- Transportation to Boys & Girls Club
- Limited off-street parking
- Near Greater Portland Metro Bus Stop
- Near Mayo Street Arts
- Near Portland Adult Education
- Near The Root Cellar
- Near East End Community School and Portland Public Library branch
- Near many convenient local restaurants, businesses, and amusements
- Near shopping centers for groceries and more
- Portland Trails walking routes along the waterside of the Eastern Promenade
81 East Oxford Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Interested applicants should contact Portland Housing Authority 207-773-4753 for an application or click this button to apply:
Efficiency, one, two, and three-bedroom apartments
This project, located in Portland East Bayside neighborhood, is designed to support the health and well-being of its residents. The building is energy efficient, offers free Wi-Fi for residents, which allows them to take advantage of a telehealth program through Greater Portland Health and access other support services remotely. Cultivating Community, a local food security, nutrition and farming nonprofit is located on the ground floor commercial space. This project is within walking distance to downtown Portland, grocery stores, restaurants, schools, drug stores, Portland Adult Education and many other services. All utilities are included in the rent.
Preference is given to families with dependents, and elderly (62 years of age or older) and/or disabled families. Priority is given to those who are homeless.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Community room
- On-site laundry
- Trash/recycling room
- Indoor bicycle storage
- Resident Services Coordinator
- All utilities included
58 Boyd Street
Portland ME 04101
Interested applicants should contact Avesta Housing Intake Department at 207-553-7777 to inquire about an application or visit their website..